Pre-Budget Expectation by Girish Singhania, CEO of EduBridge
After the pandemic, the Indian markets are experiencing the unlock phase and operating in full swing. Schools and colleges are now up and running just as they used to. One observes a positive change in the educational pedagogy, but as a work development platform, we are rooting for more profound changes in the educational system. Some of these changes include,
- We look forward to extending support for new educational guidelines penned down by NEP in 2020. The expectations will involve a greater focus on skilling initiatives, where we advocate the importance of skilling at every level.
- Introducing more vocational courses earlier on and implementing them at the grassroots level.
- Formal Educational Institutions, Academies, and EdTech Platforms advocate the removal of GST on any of the educational products and services for ten years.
- A more profound Tech-enabled training of teachers or perhaps revitalizing the existing Diksha App to enhance the reach.
- Profound financial plans that encourage learners to sign up for skilling initiative to better their career prospects.
- We also look forward to more news on the advancements made towards firing up the Digital University to ensure that education reaches even the underserved pockets of the country.
We expect a better financial allocation towards education in general, to ensure that we meet with heightened literacy rates by the upcoming fiscal year of 2024-25.